If you know anything about the team at Croasdaile Dental Arts, you know that we are passionate about providing excellent patient care.
We do this not only by providing superlative dentistry but also by helping you with your dental insurance claims.
Now, our team can do even more to help you get the most from your benefits by billing your medical insurance also!
You Can Bill Your Medical Insurance For Some Dental Treatments
Typically, when you receive dental treatment, some or all of it will be covered by your dental insurance, and we file a claim on your behalf.
But, did you know that some dental treatments may be covered by your medical insurance?
If it’s determined that a
We want to help you afford the dental treatment you need.
So, our team recently took a very specialized training required for billing medical insurance claims on your behalf.
What did we learn?
- How to identify cases that are covered by medical insurance
- What questions to ask to determine eligibility
- How we can help you get the treatment you need
In other words:
We learned how to get the right information to determine if your case can be medically billed and how to make sure you get the full benefits for which you qualify.
Dental billing + medical billing = Win, win!
How does all of this help you?
Here are a few of the ways you benefit:
- Lower costs for needed treatment – all or a portion of the cost would be covered by insurance leaving you with less out-of-pocket expenses
- Medical billing has no limitations or frequency limitations – so it covers more of the cost, even for repeated treatments
- Lets you use your dental benefits for future procedures – you can save your dental benefits to use on treatment that isn’t covered by medical insurance
The bottom line:
More insurance coverage and less cost.
But, are all dental treatments covered by medical insurance?
What kinds of dental treatments are typically covered by Medical Insurance?
We mentioned earlier that medical insurance might cover health-related dental treatments.
What kinds of medical conditions would that include?
Here are some of them:
- Autoimmune diseases – such as Lupus, Sjogren’s Syndrome
- Xerostomia – dry mouth
- Periodontal disease
- Long term (current use) of certain medications
- Amelogenesis Imperfecta
- Trauma – including home/playground/school injuries
- Chronic sinusitis
- Gastric disorders – acid reflux, GERD
Some of the dental treatments covered by medical billing that are often related to these conditions are:
- Bone grafting
- Dental Implants
- Resorbable barrier
- Initial therapy
- Pocket reduction therapy
- Sinus augmentation
- Block grafts
- Ridge augmentation
- Diagnostic testing
- CBCT 3D images
As you can see, a wide range of treatments is covered, so many of our patients could benefit from medical billing.
Let us help you get the treatment you need
Are you needing dental treatment, but the cost has been holding you back?
We can help by checking on your medical coverage and seeing if it will subsidize all or some of the cost of your treatment. We want you to have the healthy, beautiful smile you deserve!