Some people are so anxiety ridden over visiting the dentist that they’ll avoid going at all costs, even if it’s harming their oral health. Sedation dentistry provides Durham NC residents with a completely safe, efficient method of caring for important dental needs, while still compassionately addressing dental phobias and anxiety. Numerous studies are also revealing that an individual’s overall physical health is linked with that of the condition of teeth and gums.
Sedation dentistry, therefore, opens the door to maintaining sound oral health, and the prevention of serious chronic illnesses such as strokes, heart disease, cancer, and diabetes. Have any of the following reasons prevented you from pursuing vital dental treatment or smile-boosting cosmetic procedures?
- Extremely sensitive teeth
- An unpleasant experience with a dentist in the past
- Worry over having to remain seated and keep the mouth wide open for extended periods of time
- Fear of needles, dental drills and the various smells and sounds associated with the dentist
- A sensitive gag reflex
- A physical disorder that makes sitting still difficult
- Concern over possible pain that will be experienced, or the need of complex dental procedures
- Difficulty getting numb
Sedation dentistry can be used in any situation that makes necessary dental care troublesome. So erase your fears and anxieties by sitting back and relaxing, while our professionals at Croasdaile Dental Arts transform your smile. We proudly provide our patients with a choice of different sedation options, including oral conscious sedation. Contact us today to learn more about how our sedation dentistry in Durham NC can promote a sound body and a gorgeous, healthy smile to be proud of.