Updated October 2020.
Dear Patient and Friends,
We hope you and your families are feeling strong and smiling safe as we continue to navigate through an unprecedented pandemic. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety.
We have made the following updates to our COVID-19 protocols to ensure the health and safety of our patients and team.
Providing Safe Environment:
We understand that you may be reluctant to schedule a dental visit during this pandemic. We will always go above and beyond to create the safest environment for every person who walks through our doors.
Please take a moment to familiarize yourself with our COVID-19 protocols.
- We require that a mask be worn in our building.
- Use hand-sanitizer upon entering the building.
- Practice social distancing.
- At the start of the day, all CDA team members are COVID-19 and temperature screened.
- Visitors, as well as, patients and their guardians also COVID-19 and temperature screened prior to entering our practice.
- Our team is tested regularly for SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes coronavirus disease (also called COVID-19).
- We keep a log of all monitoring systems.
- We have installed sneeze shields in our admin area, medical-grade air purifiers in each operatory, placed barriers on treatment rooms to minimize any cross-contamination risk.
- Our team will wear personal protective equipment (PPE) which include disposable gowns, protective eyewear, surgical bonnet, face shields, N95 mask with a level 3 surgical mask on top of it.
- We have also placed HEPA air filters in our HVAC units to further clean the office air.
- The practice is professionally cleaned on a regular basis.
- We have allotted extra time in our schedules to thoroughly disinfect and sanitize the surfaces of the clinical, admin, and lobby.
In addition, we have made the following changes to our appointment experience to help protect our patients and team. For example:
- Triage COVID-19 questionnaire by phone when scheduling.
- We recognize that COVID-19 symptoms or exposure can occur after scheduling, therefore we also email a COVID-19 questionnaire to be completed online prior to your appointment.
- All patient forms will be completed electronically and received prior to appointment.
- Patients will be asked to park in a CDA numbered parking slot and call the office upon arrival. You will be asked to remain in your car until we are ready for you.
- Patients will be asked to wear a mask and use hand sanitizer when entering the building. Mask must be worn until seated in the treatment room.
- Check-in will include COVID-19 triage/temperature reading prior to entering our office.
- Temperature readings are done with a contactless thermometer.
- Patients, as well as, their guardian must be cleared to enter the office. Once cleared, they may be asked to sit in the lobby area with proper social distancing or asked to wait in their car until we are ready to call back to the treatment room.
- Only the patient shall be allowed in the treatment rooms. The goal is to limit people in the operatories during treatment.
- Climate will be slightly colder due to additional PPE. Please dress in layers for comfort and bring your own blanket.
- Observe social distancing which is clearly marked within the practice.
- We also offer virtual consultations upon request.
- We are requesting that payment be made via credit or debit card whenever possible.
- We will no longer offer magazines, displays, pamphlets, and so forth since these items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
If you have ANY questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to contact us via the following methods:
In closing, we want to THANK YOU for entrusting us with caring for your oral health!
All our best,
Dr. Will Turner, Dr. Jason Butler, and Dr. Eric Cole
Croasdaile Dental Arts