Oral Surgery in Durham, NC
Our expert dentists can take care of your surgical needs!
Oral Surgery Services in Durham, NC
Our dental experts can restore your health, your smile, and your confidence!
We offer a wide range of oral surgery solutions to keep your smile looking good and healthy.
Our team of experts can perform most of the oral surgeries needed by our patients in-house. This gives you the convenience of not having to jump around to different offices for your procedures and having your treatment done by a dentist and team you know and trust.
Our dentists are trained and qualified to:
Why You Might Need Oral Surgery
Why Choose Our Oral Surgery Experts?
Our patients, colleagues, and dental organizations recognize Croasdaile Dental Arts as “the best” at what we do.
We don’t take that distinction for granted! Our outstanding team works tirelessly every day to live up to our reputation and to exceed it. That’s how we can continue to gain such distinguished recognition year after year.
‘‘I'm nervous about getting dental care, but this staff helps me get through it! Plus, I trust my family to get the best care here also! Wonderful office. I'll always get my dental care here!’’
Michelle W., 5-Star Google Review
Have Questions About Oral Surgery?
Get the answers from our dentists in Durham, NC
When should I have my wisdom teeth removed?
There are three factors we use to determine when to remove wisdom teeth:
- Age: When it comes to wisdom tooth removal, the younger the better! Younger patients tend to have fewer complications from the surgery. If your dentist has indicated that you should have your wisdom teeth removed, don’t wait!
- Root Formation: If your wisdom teeth’s roots are still underdeveloped, then that is a good time to remove them.
- Position: Positioning of your wisdom teeth is important when it comes to deciding on surgery. If they are close to sinuses or adjacent teeth, they can cause problems such as cavities or infections. Your dentist in Durham, NC may determine it would be best for your oral health to remove them.
What is the success rate of dental implants?
Dental implants have a high success rate. For patients with good overall and oral health, dental implants have a 95% success rate.
Just as important is the fact that implants also have a high patient satisfaction rate! Our patients love the many benefits they enjoy with dental implants, including:
- They look, feel, and function like natural teeth
- Implants are a stand-alone procedure that doesn’t impact the integrity of surrounding teeth
- They encourage healthy bone and tissue growth
- Dental implants are a long-lasting solution
What can I safely eat after having oral surgery?
We recommend you stick to foods that are soft and cool such as yogurt, cottage cheese, jello, pudding, or apple sauce on the day of surgery. Three to five days following surgery, you can add warm, soft foods like mashed potatoes or pasta, or anything easily cut with a fork. For the first week, avoid hard and crunchy foods like nuts, popcorn, and chips completely.
If you’ve had an implant placed, avoid chewing on hard foods for the first six weeks, until it is completely healed.
For the first 24 hours after surgery, avoid hot drinks and liquids, and don’t use straws or anything that requires a “sucking” motion.
Is it OK to fly after a tooth extraction?
Yes, it is safe to fly after you’ve had a tooth extracted.
But remember, the first 48 hours after your surgery can be uncomfortable and it would be best to schedule your flight after that recovery period is ended.
If you must fly after a tooth extraction it is important to be prepared so that you can be as comfortable and pain-free as possible. Here are some dentist-recommended tips you’ll want to know before you pack for your trip.