Did you know there are foods that naturally cleanse your smile? You can whip up some “super-smile” foods in the comfort of your own kitchen thanks to the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry’s (AACD) free e-book on healthy smile recipes.
This handy book features breakfast, lunch, snack, dinner, and dessert recipes implementing fruits, veggies, grains and other ingredients that promote a healthy smile.
“To have a great smile, a diet rich in nutrient-dense foods will be your best ally,” said nutritionist Karen Krchma. “This booklet provides a variety of wholesome and tasty recipes with healthful ingredients that will build and strengthen your teeth and gums.”
Let’s Cover Some Basic Foods
While you meander through the grocery aisles, keep an eye on these natural ingredients to promote a healthy self and smile:
- Broccoli – these green veggies form an acid-resistant film on teeth, which helps prevent enamel erosion.
- Carrots – full of vitamin A, which is essential to form tooth enamel. Plus, it’s a crunchy vegetable, which cleanses and stimulates your gums.
- Cheese – Filled with lactic acid to help prevent tooth decay.
- Green tea – Contains catechin, which reduces bacteria growth.
- Quinoa – Contains calcium, magnesium, manganese, and phosphorus to strengthen teeth.
- Shiitaki mushrooms – Contains a sugar called Lentinan, which prevents mouth bacteria from growing
There are many more healthy ingredients you can snag from your local grocery store, which you can learn about in AACD’s free e-book!
Don’t Forget Oral Care
Switching to a healthy diet is a fantastic way to promote a healthy smile, but it does not mean you should neglect your oral care. Remember to keep up your brushing, flossing, and regular dental check-ups with your Durham, NC, dentists to ensure your smile is in tip-top shape!
Check out this healthy recipe book and let us know what you think by commenting below or giving us a call!