At Croadsaile Dental Arts we take very seriously our responsibility to provide our patients with dental care in a supportive, safe environment. Because of this commitment, on Feb 19th our entire team completed our biennial course in Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers provided by the American Heart Association.
This course was designed to provide healthcare professionals with the ability to recognize and respond to life threatening emergencies, provide CPR, use an AED and relive choking in a safe, timely and effective manner.
The 4 hour course provided hands on training, instruction and testing in:
- Key changes in basic life support, reflecting the new science from the 2010 American Heart Association Guidelines for Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Emergency Cardiovascular Care
- Critical concepts of high-quality CPR
- The American Heart Association Chain of Survival
- 1-Rescuer CPR and AED for adult, child and infant
- 2-Rescuer CPR and AED for adult, child and infant
- Differences between adult, child and infant rescue techniques
- Bag-mask techniques for adult, child and infant
- Rescue breathing for adult, child and infant
- Relief of choking for adult, child and infant
- CPR with an advanced airway*
Each member of our team completed the course successfully and we want you to be reassured that you are in good hands when you receive treatment from your Durham dentist team. Contact us to book your next appointment.